1938 Eterna "Clamshell" Tank
An early and very high grade Eterna Tank with stepped, two-piece stainless steel-bodied clamshell case. These were the first waterproof cases developed comprising of 4 x screws at each corner of the caseback, which fixed over the dial and movement to create a tight waterproof seal between the curvex crystal/case design.
This high polish, sharp stepped case is in amazing condition, and really looks unpolished, amazing it is from the 1940's !
The dial is original, and beautiful, with two-tone silver finish, Art Deco simplicity at it's very best. Took at the staggered number configuration, it is really interesting, and exudes class.
These early clamshell Eterna Tanks have a lot of value relatively speaking, and are equally as good in their design as Cartier, of the same era.
We are big fans of this one!
Freshly serviced / Technical warranty: 1 year.
- Two-piece waterproof stainless steel, with factory screw "clamshell" caseback
- Good overall condition, possibly unpolished. Showing minor traces of use.
- 22 mm / 38 mm (lug-to-lug) / 16 mm (between lugs)
- Plexiglass crystal
- Serial number:
- Reference: Eterna
- Original crown
- Precise high-grade manual movement
- Good condition. Freshly serviced.
- Original silver two tone dial
- plume hands
- The watch comes with black leather strap
- Gift Box
- Our company’s warranty certificate