1950s Longines 6405-1 Roman Numbers
A large stainless steel Longines with unsual case shape, with these long chiseled lugs. We haven't come across such a case before.
The dial is glorious, a creamy patina, contrasting a khaki green lume, and those Roman numerals! And diamond applied lume.
Longines always suprises with these finer dial details.
The manually wound Longines 12.68z movement is running well.
The blue steel hands and long seconds hand are also a interesting feature of this piece.
There is a lighter etched engraving on the caseback, but we have no evidence it is an issued watch.
- 36 mm Stainless Steel screwback
- Original crown
- Reference - 6405-1
- Engraving on caseback, possibly issued, but no confirmation.
- Manual wind
- Caliber 12,68z
- Functions with accuracy, not serviced.
- Production 1950's
- Original dial with Roman numbers and diamond luminous markers
- Original baton blue luminous hands (relumed at some stage)
- Suede strap