Up for you attention is this superb example of a reference 2990-1 Omega dubbed the "Seachero" because it is the more subdued variation of the limited production Ranchero for the South American market.
This hybrid is a rare find, especially in such good condition. The majority of these watches didn't survive in good condition, and to find one which looks like it was just made, is pretty special.
The case is honest, and looks used, but there is absolutely no signs of polishing, the case has just got the odd scratch, her and there, and mark of history.
The dial is like new, with a very subtle cream shade developing, and the hour plots are in perfectly in tact, and no flaking across the dial at all. The gold alpha hands have just the right hint of colouring.
The watch has the original and correct bowler hat signed crown, and original plexi with floating Omega logo.
If you are looking for best Seamaster Seachero money can buy, this is it. The watch is in top collector condition.
Paired with handmade Hermes style strap.
1958 Omega Seamaster 2990-1
- 36 mm jumbo stainless steel, two piece waterproof, snapback
- Original signed bowler crown
- Original Plexiglass
- Reference 2990-1 dating from 1958
- Manual winding
- Caliber 267, 17 jewels signed "Omega Swiss"
- Fully serviced, functions perfectly, and with good accuracy
- Original and untouched dial
- Gold applied hour markers and numbers
- Calf strap
- Watch pouch