1969 Omega Speedmaster 145.022 ST "220"
In 1969 a run of Omega Speedmasters with reference 145.022 produced within 7 months a "defect" or "misprinted" tachymetre bezel with "220" instead of the regular 225 which is the natural progression for the bezel measurment. This has become quite an fascinating detail in the Speedy community and is noted in MWO (Moon Watch only).
Beside this quirky detail, which sets the watch apart as unique, the dial is just magnificant, with perfect deep yellow lume on the painted logo, stepped dial, and the correct (noted on the 220's) darker lume in the hands. The dial is totally original finish and never relumed, or touched.
The case has some light polishing but is overall nice. With a clearly visible engraved "hippocampus" on the rear.
The watch is running well. Chronograph starts and sets to zero correctly.
At a reasonable price range for a 1969 Speedmaster this woulf make a great first Speedmaster purchase that not everyone will own, having only run this misprinted bezel for 7 months, it is not easy to locate, especially one in this condition.
We have paired it on this cool JPM corduroy strap which is certainly unique.
Movement | Warranty: 3 months
- Two-piece waterproof stainless steel, with factory screw caseback and engraved "hippocampus"
- Good overall condition, case has been polished. Showing minor traces of use, scratches, but overall good.
- 39 mm / 20 mm (between lugs)
- Plexiglass crystal
- Serial number:
- Reference: 145.022-69 ST
- Original signed Omega crown
- Precise high-grade manual movement
- Good condition. No visible wear
- Caliber 861.
- Original baton hands
- T Swiss T luminous on dial
- Stepped dial
- Factory misprint on bezel "220" only made for limited time.
- The watch comes with cord JPM strap
- Gift Box
- Our company’s warranty certificate