1969 Omega Speedmaster 145.022 Tropical
Up for grabs is an honest example of a 1969 'transitional' stepped dial Omega Speedmaster 145.022 with stunning deep brown, tropical dial,
pictures don't do it justice at all. And it has to be worn to veiw the brown tones in all their splendour.
The allure of a watch with honest lume, naturally aged by time is more appealing to us, especially with the counterpoint of all factory original parts, and that perfect, glossy black tachymetre DON bezel, which is rare to find in itself for a watch this age.
The watch comes with a strong, thick case and it's original 1039 bracelet with 512 endlinks.
The 69 transitional Speedmaster are known to turn brown because of a "defect" in the laquer used, but usually only within a specific serial range does this happen. This one in particular is in the 2911xxx serial range which these are most commonly seen, but rarely this attractive and uniform.
- 40mm Excluding crown stainless steel, two piece, screwback
- "Twisted lugs" case style signed HF
- Original crown, pushers
- Near flawless Dot over 90 bezel
- Reference 145.022-69
- Manual winding (Caliber 861)
- Serial range 2911xxx
- Functions perfectly, and with good accuracy
- Original and untouched "deep brown" stepped dial
- Signed "Swiss made T " dial
- Baton hands
- 1039 flatlink bracelet signed 69-2 with 516 ends
- Watch pouch