1946 Jaeger Le Coultre Bumper
A wonderful, and rare early 50's JLC Bumper 476 with deep chestnut crown tropical dial, and unpolished, stainless steel snapback case.
This particular JLC is quite a rare configuration, usuing the steel sword hand combination and full explorer style layout arabic 12,3,6 & 9 and applied cabachon applied hour markers for the other times. This watch was purchased in France, and the dial and movement are both signed "fab suisse".
The dial is magnificant in the sun, and plays with hues of caramel, and deep brown, and every spectrum in between.
The grading of brown is even throughout, and it is fully brown even in the shade.
A really amazing watch, and totally unique JLC !
- 34 mm Stainless Steel, two piece, snap back case
- Original unsigned crown
- Serial number: xxx
- Bumper signed "Fab Suisse"
- Caliber 476 (first automatic caliber by Le Coultre)
- Functions perfectly, and with accuracy
- Freshly serviced
- Original deep brown tropical dial, previously two tone
- Original steel sword hands
- Leather strap
- Our handmade leather watch pouches