1980's Lorenz Chrono Sub Lemania 5100
These Lorenz sub proffessional chronograph divers are quite overlooked in the market, but are really great watches for the money. Firstly, the layout of those three silver subdials looks really different, it reminds me of the Omega "Holy Grail" Speedmaster in that respect, but with a Rolex Submariner feel as well, with its case, and with the luminous patina and mercedes hour hand and bezel style. The watch also runs a Lemania caliber 5100 movement (Lemania's answer to the quartz crisis) which was a big progression in the 1980's for such a movement, reducing costs but still retaining quality and above all function. Sinn, Meylan, and Heuer used these movements.
This particular example is all original with signed crown, blue tinted original plexi. signed and rare flip lock oyster style bracelet. And a gorgeous lume colour which is uncommon for one of these.
A watch like this is built for durability, and you can feel the quality put in to it, when in hand, and especially on the wrist. There is a lot of presence, yet still stealth enough in it's subtlety.
- Two-piece stainless steel, with Lorenz logo, Original pushers
- Good overall condition. Showing sharp bevelled lugs
- 40mm mm // 19 mm (between lugs)
- Plexiglass crystal, light scratches, tinted, original plexi
- Serial number:
- Reference: 12042/1
- Original Lorenz signed crown
- Automatic movement
- Leamania Cal. 5100
- Great condition. Running well with strong amplitude, date and chrono setting well.
- Original tachymetre dial in good condition
- Hands in original condition
- Original "mercedes style" hands
- The watch comes with original bracelet with flip lock extension.
- Gift Box
- Our company’s warranty certificate