1960's Gigandet Wakmann Chronograph V72
It's in the details...
This watch dates to the early part of the 1960's.
Condition worth examples of any interesting valjoux 72 chronographs are really worth collectors attention thesedays, and in larger 37.5mm cases. This prime example is no exception.
What we see here is a near to flawless big black glossy double signed Wakmann/Gigandet chronograph in original condition, boasting triple register "compact disc" subdials, and steel dauphine hands. Applied luminous dial which has turned apricot. A real head turner in condition and rarity.
The watch comes on a soft grain calf sporting it perfectly for any occasion.
- 37.5 mm Stainless Steel screwback
- Original crown (unsigned)
- Reference - Gigandet
- Manual wind
- Valjoux 72
- Functions with accuracy, winds very smoothly
- Production Date: 1960's
- Original twin register gloss black "Swiss" dial
- Original dagger lume hands
- Original base 1000 scale
- Bulang & Sons Calf Grain Strap