1976 Girard-Perregaux Olimpico Valjoux 236
"The funkiest, two register Olimpico.."
The lineage of the Girard Perregaux Olimpico is interesting, launched to commemorate the Olympic Games in the 1950s, and for the next 30 years they releasing a different model every four years. This model being from 1976, at the same time as the Montreal Olympic games. It houses a valjoux 236 or GP 24-0 with 13 lines, all signed inside the case and on the bridge.
The case has such funky look, and the simplistic alien grey dial with lime contrasting the twin white (now cream) subs is so striking! The signed crown and unpolished case make this one for the chrono aficionado, and a great piece to add to any collection, as we don't see these so often. The watch measures 40mm which is not all that big by todays standards.
- 40mm Diameter Stainless Steel
- 42mm Lug to Lug
- Reference - 9245 FA
- Original GP signed crown
- Manual winding
- Caliber 236 (Valjoux) GP cal. 24-0 13 lines
- Functions with accuracy, fully overhauled.
- Original 'Space Grey' with original Lime luminous, in perfect conditions.
- Original hands, tritium luminous
- JPM corduroy strap OR steel BOR
- Limited to 1000 production pieces.